Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Mothers Day to my Mum

Today is the day that children all over the UK and Ireland dedicate to their mums.  It's the day where mum's get breakfast in bed, home made cards (sometimes even when the child is a grown up!) and get spoiled by the children they made.

I have a particularly amazing mum.  I know that I am quite biased on that front, and you will probably argue that your mum is the best, but I don't care. I know that my mum IS the best.

She is one of the most beautiful women I know.  She is kind, loving and forever selfless.  She has always put the happiness of me and my siblings miles and miles ahead of her own.  She is a quite and unassuming lady that would never fight or argue. But if she thinks for one second someone is attacking her babies, she will change quite quickly into a fighter. She is supportive in everything I do, even the mistakes.  She taught me to stand on my own two feet, believe in myself, even when she didn't always believe in herself.  She helped me to become compassionate, thoughtful and tried very hard to instill in me 'think before you speak'... not necessary the most successful lesson learned, but I still try.

My mum is wise and compassionate.  She would walk the earth a million times over to make someone she loves happy.  And she taught me to do that too.  She taught me that loyalty and respect for others were the most important qualities in a person, apart from manners.  Manners cost nothing but are worth everything.  She also taught me that it is easier to forgive someone than to hold on to the anger and bitterness caused by a grudge.

As I prepare to get married, I realise that while my mum is just another lady to most people, she's the most important lady I have ever, or will ever, know and I would be much less a person I am today but for her.

So today mum, while I can't be with you to spoil  you, I would like to say a huge thank you.  Thank you for always wiping my tears, making me laugh, standing beside and behind me when I need it, pushing me forward and leading me on. Thank you for being my friend, but more importantly, thank you for never letting our friendship get in the way of you being my parent. Thank you for shaping me into the person I am and instilling a sense of loyalty, compassion, respect and ambition in me.

Happy mothers day.  You are, without a doubt, one of God's treasures.  I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment