Monday, August 27, 2012

The Weekly Verdict


I think it's safe to say the above image summarises the result this week... TSC (The Soul Crusher)lived up to its name. It crushed my soul... despite running 21.77k in total this week I was up 1lb.  Now, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big gain. I didn't get to my classes two weeks running, and I did do a lot of celebrating of finding my other "one" (the dress)...

I just knew that it wasn't going to go well this week despite my activity.

I jest when I say my soul was crushed today. Because it wasn't! I left the class in great form - must be all the additional exercise induced endorphins zipping around my body! Instead of spiraling, feeling like pants and going to the shop to buy a months supply  for the Bad Result Monday Nest (the months supply would be consumed tonight by the way!), I feel very positive.  I haven't necessarily achieved the weight loss that I say I wanted to. But I have achieved loss of inches and I feel really good about myself. My fitness is up, I can actually run for over 52 minutes straight, I never in a gazillion years imagined that that is something I could do or would even want to do. But I really enjoy it.

So this weeks verdict? A gain in weight, but it's not a bad thing.  As I sat listening to all the other girls stories and telling a few of my own, and hearing the others be supportive of one another I felt really positive about how far I've come and how far I have left to go in this deflation!

Two ladies in particular stood out to me.  One a lovely lady, her loveliness is fairly obvious just from her name (it's Rachel by the way), helped me out a couple of weeks back when I was feeling extremely bad about myself and dress shopping etc.  "Other Rachel" told me that the whole class were behind me and made me feel so much better and gave me a good kick in the bum to get back on track.  The other lady, I think her name might be Ger (only met her tonight), came to me after the class and congratulated me on getting my wedding dress, gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek and told me that I was going to be a beautiful bride.  Now if that doesn't lift your spirits your clearly dead inside and need to go and get that looked at! Complete strangers, brought together to try achieve a similar but very different goal.

I also left feeling great because, whether she knows it or not, our Leader Nicola is pretty darn good at giving her members a boost and encouraging them to achieve what they want. She knows exactly how to give you the lift to make next week your lighter week!

POA this week? Totes avoiding the vino. Have accepted that I cannot celebrate the wedding dress any longer for fear of not fitting into it!!! Aim to achieve 30k running in total by next Monday. Stick to my points. Bite it? Write it!!! Keep hydrated. Buy new tights...

Birthday month is fast approaching and with it, the end of my twenties!  I will go into my thirties and never weigh this amount ever again!

Finally, to all those reading this considering going to a meeting. Do it. Bite the bullet and take that first step. You really don't know how good it can make you feel to achieve your little goals and you never know what kind of people you are going to meet and how their words can help change your life or your words could help change theirs.

Now, enough of the sappiness! Tiredness has made me totes emotes so off to bed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment